Turning pro in less than 362 days!

Hopefully turning pro in less than six thousand three hundred and eighty nine days!

Wednesday, 12 January 2011

And out of the egg sprang...

Gartholomew's musings, or Gartholomusings for short!

Wow!

Here it is then, the very first blog. The beginning of what I'm sure will be a great career for me, as a professional blogger and scriptwriter in general.

Made sure everything is looking pretty good. As you can see I made a fair bit of effort with the header, I think the ink blot is a really good idea. I actually stole the idea from a graphic designer who made a site for me years ago, when I was an aspirational novelist. Funny looking back at that.

As you can see I'm actually counting down the days themselves, the countdown to my professional career as a scriptwriter! I'm a bit disappointed that I couldn't post anything when the counter was on 365, but, as I've previously mentioned, the layout has taken me some time, and after that I had a bit of writer's block, so didn't know exactly what to write here.

Anyway, I've just found out on BBC's writersroom - get in there all you writing noobs, its great - that the BBC are running a sitcom competition - and the deadline is February 21st! I'm going to try to rope in my old mate Jimmy from work - well I say work - we were laid off together last September. I'm pretty sure he's still doing Jack, and he's a very funny guy. I'll report back with any ideas we have and how its going.

Wow!

How's that for symmetry?

No comments:

Post a Comment